2023 NFL Draft – Offensive Tackle Rankings
2023 NFL Draft Offensive Tackle Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
2023 NFL Mock Draft
Offensive Tackle Rankings:
- Paris Johnson, Jr., Ohio State
- Peter Skoronksi, Northwestern
- Broderick Jones, Georgia
- Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland
- Dawand Jones, Ohio State
2023 NFL Draft Offensive Tackle Ranking
- “Length” is key component of left tackles. Height, arm length, hand size all super important.
- Footwork is very important, important for left tackles to handle speed.
- Hand placement is needed for locking onto defenders, especially against power.
- “Good overall technique” common trait for well coached, experienced tackles.
- Left tackle prospects need to have a lot of starts at left tackle and against top competition to generally be considered elite.
- Good “bend” and able to use “leverage”?
- How did they fared against top DE prospects also in the draft?
- Right Tackles may lack length, but need to be known as good run blockers.
- “Road Grader” is exceptional run blocker.
- “Ability to get to next level”… in run game or short passing game, able to beat a blocker, and move deeper into defense to block linebackers or other defenders.
- “Versatility” – able to play guard as well.
- Many tackles in college are best suited to move inside, but could be great guards in the NFL.
- Able to defend “speed” and “power”.
- Number of sacks allowed.