Offensive Guard Rankings:
- Rashawn Slater, Northwestern
- Wyatt Davis, Ohio State
- Trey Smith, Tennessee
- Alijah Vera-Tucker, USC
- Deonte Brown, Alabama
- Ed Ingram, LSU
- Aaron Banks, Notre Dame
- Thayer Munford, Ohio State
- Zion Johnson, Boston College
- Cade Mays, Tennessee
- Chris Owens, Alabama
- Ben Brown, Mississippi
2021 NFL Draft Offensive Guard Ranking
- High level guard prospects normally have to have one of two qualities: Exceptional base and power- known as “mauler” or “road grader” in the run game, -or- a rare athletic freak that is versatile, able to play center or guard… sometimes even able to play any position on the line.
- Strong “base” or “Solid Anchor” good for ability to hold up against NFL pass rush.
- Hand placement and ability to “lock on” to defenders.
- Some guards are “pulling guards” but not too common in college, where they take a step back at the snap, slide down the other side of the line and become a lead blocker in the run game.
- Top guys are normally very physically gifted with big measurables. Mid round guys tend to be more typical build but often have a lot of experience and dependable.
- How many sacks did they give up?
- Did they or do they have a strong RB or overall running game behind him?
Spread the love