2021 NFL Draft Running Back Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
Running Back Rankings:
- Travis Etienne, Clemson
- Najee Harris, Alabama
- Javonte Williams, North Carolina
- Michael Carter, North Carolina
- Trey Sermon, Ohio State
- Demetric Felton, UCLA
- Kenneth Gainwell, Memphis
- Jermar Jefferson, Oregon State
- Jaret Patterson, Buffalo
- Chuba Hubbard, Oklahoma State
- Max Borghi, Washington State
- Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas
- Pooka Williams, Kansas
- Javian Hawkins, Louisville
2021 NFL Draft Running Back Rankings
- How do they do in each of three major skills of being an NFL RB: running skill, passing ability, pass protection?
- Are they 220+ and considered a power back?
- “Vision” and seeing holes and good decision-making
- Ability to put foot in the dirt, make a cut and beat defenders
- After making a cut, can he accelerate quickly?
- Ability to make people miss in the open field.
- Open field “top gear” which allows them turn small runs into big plays.
- Hands and able to protect the ball.
- Experience. It is good for a RB to have enough experience to showcase their talents, but not too much where they already have absorbed a lot of hits.