2022 NFL Draft Offensive Guard Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more-offensive guards –learn more– centers.
Interior Offensive Line Rankings:
- Ikem Ekwonu, NC State
- Zion Johnson, Boston College
- Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa
- Kenyon Green, Texas A&M
- Dohnovan West, Arizona State
- Dylan Parham, Memphis
- Cameron Jurgens, Nebraska
- Jamaree Salyer, Georgia
- Cole Strange, UT-Chattanooga
- Sean Rhyan, UCLA
- Darian Kinnard, Kentucky
- Marquis Hayes, Oklahoma
- William Dunkle, San Diego State
2022 NFL Draft Offensive Guard Ranking
- High level guard prospects normally have to have one of two qualities: Exceptional base and power- known as “mauler” or “road grader” in the run game, -or- a rare athletic freak that is versatile, able to play center or guard… sometimes even able to play any position on the line.
- Strong “base” or “Solid Anchor” good for ability to hold up against NFL pass rush.
- Hand placement and ability to “lock on” to defenders.
- Some guards are “pulling guards” but not too common in college, where they take a step back at the snap, slide down the other side of the line and become a lead blocker in the run game.
- Top guys are normally very physically gifted with big measurables. Mid round guys tend to be more typical build but often have a lot of experience and dependable.
- How many sacks did they give up?
- Did they or do they have a strong RB or overall running game behind him?
2022 NFL Draft Center Rankings
- Can they and have they played guard?
- They are taller and bigger now because of the shotgun. Worth mentioning because the smaller centers in the draft will have issues with defensive tackles and will need help from a guard to block. Big, long armed centers don’t need help to double team defenders.
- Smaller centers are perhaps best suited for zone blocking NFL teams.
- Experience is very important.
- Did they call blocking assignments? Rare in college, but does happen and is a plus.
- Any experience snapping besides in the shotgun?