Defensive Tackle Rankings:
- Daviyon Nixon, Iowa
- Christian Barmore, Alabama
- Tyler Shelvin, LSU
- Jay Tufele, USC
- Osa Odighizuwa, UCLA
- Levi Onwuzurike, Washington
- Tommy Togiai, Ohio State
- Marvin Wilson, Florida State
- Bobby Brown III, Texas A&M
- Mustafa Johnson, Colorado
- Nyles Pickney, Clemson
- Jaylen Twyman, Pittsburgh
- Tedarrell Slaton, Florida
- DeAngelo Malone, Western Kentucky
2021 NFL Draft Defensive Tackle Rankings
- Identify all guys as primarily “one gap” or “two gap” defenders. They are generally more of a one gap, penetrating guy, or a two gap, run defending guy.
- One gap skills is the single biggest booster of ranking in the draft. DT’s that get after the QB are super valuable.
- Number of sacks and Tackles for Loss
- Have multiple pass rush moves or just power?
- Long arms and able to be a two gap guy defending both gaps around him?
- Able to take on double teams allowing guys around him to make plays?
- Strength of base. Does he anchor well?
- The 3-4 nose tackle is not often clearly stated. But once a player is about 330lbs.+ it is worth mentioning he could possibly play nose in a 3-4. 350 is ideal weight there.
- Does he play hard every play and chase down plays?
- Ability to play a lot of plays and not get tired.
- A lot of DT’s in college are not asked to be one gap guys, but that is what they will be at the NFL, so sometimes have to qualify that skill without having stats like sacks to back it up.
Spread the love