- Derek Stingley, LSU
- Kaiir Elam, Florida
- Andrew Booth Jr., Clemson
- Dishon McNary, Central Michigan
- Josh Jobe, Alabama
- Kyler Gordon, Washington
- Mykael Wright, Oregon
- Ahmad Gardner, Cincinnati
- Chris Steele, USC
- Sevyn Banks, Ohio State
- Evan Fields, Arizona State
2022 NFL Draft Cornerback Rankings
- First thing to notice is size. 5′-11″+ and 195lbs.+ would be considered the bigger size that NFL teams want. Bigger size than that is worth mentioning.
- Is he probably better as zone or press cover guy? Press guys generally are bigger and stronger, but not absolute.
- Long arms are a major plus, especially with outside corners.
- Ability to “locate the ball” quickly.
- Fights for contested balls.
- Sometimes they have “wide receiver mentality” wanting the ball.
- Can stay with fast receivers down the field.
- Can press receivers at the line.
- Strong against the run is important, good tackling ability.
- “Flips Hips” well allows to stay with receivers, especially in man coverage.
- Number of INT’s is important as well as pass break ups.
- Experience is important, number of starts at corner.
- Might they be a safety at next level? And general versatility to play in various positions.
- Is he more of an outside or inside corner?
- Can they cover tight ends as well as shifty RB’s?
- Can they contribute in punt return and kick return game?
Spread the love