2022 NFL Draft Safety Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
- Kyle Hamilton, Notre Dame
- Lewis Cine, Georgia
- Daxton Hill, Michigan
- Jaquan Brisker, Penn State
- Jalen Pitre, Baylor
- Kerby Joseph, Illinois
- Verone McKinley III, Oregon
- JT Woods, Baylor
- JoJo Domann, Nebraska
- Alontae Taylor, Tennessee
2022 NFL Draft Safety Rankings
- Can they cover deep, cover shallow routes, blitz, effective against the run in the box? If they can do all, they are super safety
- Some are just “centerfielders” or “cover the centerfield” and sort of a pure free safety.
- Some are very strong or tough but not great in coverage, and are better as “in the box” safeties.
- Tackling ability and willingness to tackle are key.
- Do they “break down” before a tackle or tackle without framing up to the ball carrier.
- Experience at the position.
- Can they play corner as well?
- Do they contribute in return game?
- Number of INT’s and sacks.