2020 NFL Draft Safety Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
- Xavier McKinney, Alabama
- Antoine Winfield Jr., Minnesota
- Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois
- Grant Delpit, LSU
- Kyle Dugger, Lenoir-Rhyne
- Ashtyn Davis, California
- Davion Taylor, Colorado
- Julian Blackmon, Utah
- Brandon Jones, Texas
- Josh Metellus, Michigan
- Chris Miller, Baylor
- Terrell Burgess, Utah
- K’Von Wallace, Clemson
- Brian Cole II, Mississippi State
- Khaleke Hudson, Michigan
- Larry Pryor, Texas A&M
- Richard LeCounte, Georgia
- Jordan Fuller, Ohio State
- Alohi Gilman, Notre Dame
- Tanner Muse, Clemson
- J.R. Reed, Georgia
- Shyheim Carter, Alabama
- David Dowell, Michigan State
- Greg Eisworth, Iowa State
- Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State
2020 NFL Draft Safety Rankings
- Can they cover deep, cover shallow routes, blitz, effective against the run in the box? If they can do all, they are super safety
- Some are just “centerfielders” or “cover the centerfield” and sort of a pure free safety.
- Some are very strong or tough but not great in coverage, and are better as “in the box” safeties.
- Tackling ability and willingness to tackle are key.
- Do they “break down” before a tackle or tackle without framing up to the ball carrier.
- Experience at the position.
- Can they play corner as well?
- Do they contribute in return game?
- Number of INT’s and sacks.
Who are the top 2020 NFL Draft Safeties?
Xavier McKinney, Alabama, Grant Delpit, LSU, Ashtyn Davis, California.
What are the key traits for scouting Safeties for the 2020 NFL Draft?
Ability to cover short routes, medium routes, deep routes, open field speed, vision, ability to protect against the run and blitz.
When and where is the 2020 NFL Draft?
In April of 2020 at Paradise, Nevada.
hyperlink for Julian Blackmon takes you to Davion Taylor
Thanks! So much content to patrol, but when people like you politely help out it really improves the site!