2021 NFL Draft Cornerback Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
- Shaun Wade, Ohio State
- Paulson Adebo, Stanford
- Patrick Surtain II, Alabama
- Chase Lucas, Arizona State
- Jalyn Armour-Davis, Alabama
- Israel Mukuamu, South Carolina
- Tyson Campbell, Georgia
- Josh Jobe, Alabama
- Deommodore Lenoir, Oregon
2021 NFL Draft Cornerback Rankings
- First thing to notice is size. 5′-11″+ and 195lbs.+ would be considered the bigger size that NFL teams want. Bigger size than that is worth mentioning.
- Is he probably better as zone or press cover guy? Press guys generally are bigger and stronger, but not absolute.
- Long arms are a major plus, especially with outside corners.
- Ability to “locate the ball” quickly.
- Fights for contested balls.
- Sometimes they have “wide receiver mentality” wanting the ball.
- Can stay with fast receivers down the field.
- Can press receivers at the line.
- Strong against the run is important, good tackling ability.
- “Flips Hips” well allows to stay with receivers, especially in man coverage.
- Number of INT’s is important as well as pass break ups.
- Experience is important, number of starts at corner.
- Might they be a safety at next level? And general versatility to play in various positions.
- Is he more of an outside or inside corner?
- Can they cover tight ends as well as shifty RB’s?
- Can they contribute in punt return and kick return game?