2022 NFL Draft Quarterback Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
2022 NFL Mock Draft
- Kenny Picket, Pitt
- Matt Corral, Ole Miss
- Desmond Ridder, Cincinnati
- Malik Willis, Liberty
- Sam Howell, North Carolina
- Carson Strong, Nevada
- Bailey Zappe, Western Kentucky
- EJ Perry, Brown
2022 NFL Draft Quarterback Rankings
- What system are they in, and if in a spread does he have to read defenses, work through progressions, make adjustments at the line of scrimmage?
- Overall build. 6′-2″+, 215lbs.+ are good starting points, but not absolute.
- Hand size. If the QB has a small build it is paramount that they have big hands like Russel Wilson. This one has a strong amount of data behind it. If you lack height as a QB, you need big hands.
- Release point for smaller QB’s. Philip Rivers has a poor release point, but he is tall. Drew Brees is short, but has a perfect release point, needed as he is not tall.
- Number of starts.
- Accuracy… this is often different at short, medium, and long passes.
- Decision making… often linked to number of interceptions, but not always.
- Can he make all the NFL throws like deep outs?
- Leadership and maturity.
- Level of competition and winning big games.
- Pocket presence, and footwork in the process. Not panicking and escaping to run too often, but ability to be a threat in read-option is a bonus.
- Wind-up. Called many things, this needs to be efficient and compact. Long, loopy wind-ups for college QB’s get instantly exposed in the NFL.