2023 NFL Draft Wide Receiver Rankings includes a prospect ranking, a breakdown of scouting for the position, key questions about the position, and a link to learn more.
2023 NFL Mock Draft
Wide Receiver Rankings:
- Jordan Addison, USC
- Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State
- Kayshon Boutte, LSU
- Cedric Tillman, Tennessee
- Charlie Jones, Purdue
- Quentin Johnston, TCU
- Josh Downs, North Carolina
- Rakim Jarrett, Maryland
- Parker Washington, Penn State
- Zay Flowers, Boston College
- Ronnie Bell, Michigan
- Marvin Mims, Oklahoma
- Jermaine Burton, Alabama
2023 NFL Draft Wide Receiver Rankings
- Is he more of a vertical “go-route” “take the top off the defense” receiver, a slot guy, a “possession” receiver that is a bigger guy with sure hands, or a hybrid wr/rb type that is becoming popular.
- Speed… shiftiness and top end vertical speed are often two different things
- There are two ways a WR gets separation: physically separating through elite speed / shiftiness, and the ability to separate when having a defensive back right on him, such as with leaping ability.
- Ability to “high point” balls often referred to as “catching the ball at its highest point”… wherein he can time balls thrown to him, go up and get it over the defenders head.
- Strong hands and reliability of catching balls thrown to him.
- Able to beat press coverage at line of scrimmage.
- Willingness and toughness when going over the middle, catching balls and taking hits.
- Able to move all over the line of scrimmage, lining up in different wide receiver positions.
- Route running… very important. Able to run crisp routes and accelerate out of breaks.
- Some WR’s play in pro systems and have that advantage.
- Average Yards per catch… will be mentioned with some vertical receivers and stat will be something like % of catches over 20 yards.
- Number of touchdowns per year, indicating red zone threat.
- Number of years with productivity.
- Able to help in punt returns and kick off returns.
- Are they a true “X” receiver, which is very rare… Calvin Johnson, Julio Jones types.