2018 NFL Draft Prospects by Position:
2018 NFL Draft Center Ranking
Height: 6-4 Weight: 295 lbs
Height: 6-3 Weight: 312 lbs
Height: 6-5 Weight: 319 lbs
Centers have been an evolving position in the NFL, as the increased use of the shotgun has allowed the use of larger players, capable of taking on powerful defensive tackles… Full Profile
Height: 6-5 Weight: 305 lbs
Height: 6-4 Weight: 297 lbs
Anchor of one of the best offensive lines in the country, an experienced and smart interior offensive line prospect… Full Profile
Height: 6-2 Weight: 302 lbs
An experienced, hard-nosed leader of an offensive line that plays in an NFL pro-style system… Full Profile
Height: 6-4 Weight: 314 lbs
Height: 6-5 Weight: 314 lbs
Example Draft Considerations:
- Can they and have they played guard?
- They are taller and bigger now because of the shotgun. Worth mentioning because the smaller centers in the draft will have issues with defensive tackles and will need help from a guard to block. Big, long armed centers don’t need help to double team defenders.
- Smaller centers are perhaps best suited for zone blocking NFL teams.
- Experience is very important.
- Did they call blocking assignments? Rare in college, but does happen and is a plus.
- Any experience snapping besides in the shotgun?